Got scammed by Regal Auto Sales, Amsterdam, NY

Amsterdam, New York 2 comments

Update by user Feb 17, 2014

Update: Sorry for the late update but Donald did eventually send me the $500.00 he owed me last year and completely redeemed himself (After NY Dept.of MV got involved).

I have forgiven him for his actions and I think this experience made him a better person and it shows by the latest positive response by Vacquilla ...I'm actually trying to remove my initial complaint but this website does not allow it.

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2013

If I can rate this scammer 0 (Zero) out of 5 I would since he (Donald) used deception and lies to convince me that he collects the NY taxes and I would not have to pay NJ taxes if I showed MV the receipt (purchase of 2005 Honda accord).Therefore I paid $500.00 in NY taxes on the car purchase in addition now I have to pay another $500.00 in NJ.

He ignored my calls and texted me that now the taxes I paid was part of his overall expenses to keep his pop and mom shop going (when he initially told me that I will not be paying taxes in NJ if I show MV the receipt which breaks down taxes paid, but MV informed me that Donald KNOWS that if I register my car in NJ that I have to pay taxes in NJ so basically he ripped me off $500.00). He also used camera tricks to reveal car was in mint condition when the body had many scratches, dent, damage (when I confronted him about it, he said "come on man that's normal for a 2005 car? so I overlooked it since he kept stating how great the car is mechanically. He also lied and stated carfax had clean record with no accidents and I found out by ordering my own report that the car was involved in an accident.

He lied again and said he bought new rotors when the rotors had rust and visible to the eye it was old and original rotors. I finally got him on the phone & he changed his name from Donald to *** right in the middle of the conversation because he ran out of lies. He goes on to change subject of why am I paying an additional $500.00 in taxes to that I'm getting a good deal, etc. when I paid him $400 more than the highest bidder on Ebay.

Avoid this scamming clown and his cars.I should have went with my gut feeling and walked away.

Review about: Car Receipt.

Comments

vacquilla
Johnstown, New York, United States #785877

I really don't know what is about this person talking about from NJ,,, but I was very reluctant to do business with him.but I did and I had a very pleasant experance with him no problems what so ever.....

... they were very friendly, went out of there way for us .

very pleasant, answered all calls fi not there returned very soon even called when not inspection it .always very pleasant

did a car fax on the vehicle my self all was good just like he said he did ..all I know I would send my friends to him and I would go to him again

gotscammed2013